U2LYZE Code of Conduct
Last updated: 9/9/2020
The U2LYZE community consists of freelancers from all over the nation, who help businesses reimagine old ways of getting work done while shaping a better, more efficient solution for all industries. Community participants have come together to grow and collaborate with the ability to interact with others and freely express themselves.
As such, it’s important to ensure professional behavior, communication, and etiquette are used when engaging others online and offline. This Code of Conduct provides guidelines for all community participants of the U2LYZE Community including talent, schools, companies, and partners. The expectations is that community participants act with professionalism and in a way that builds trust and maintains respect for one another. U2LYZE is committed to creating a diverse, harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion. Harassment of community participants in any form is not tolerated. Please see the Anti-Harassments policy for additional information. Any form of written, social or verbal communication that can be offensive or harassing to any community member, participant or staff is not allowed.
- Be kind – Community participants should feel welcome, regardless of their personal background. Be polite, courteous, and considerate to other community participants. No offensive comments regarding to gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, race, ethnicity, or religion will be tolerated.
- Be respectful. Community participants are expected to be respectful when communicating with other participants, even when differences of opinion arise. Participants are expected to work together to resolve disagreements constructively and respectfully. Disagreement is no excuse for poor etiquette.
- Communicate and Collaborate. The concept of the community is based on working together and participants will gain the most from the community by actively participating and communicating effectively. As such, we encourage collaboration and communication as long as they are conducted in a positive and constructive way.
- Improve the Discussion – Help make the community a great place for discussion by always working to improve the discussion in some way. Discussion should be healthy and informative and members should provide meaningful contribution. This means any content shared or uploaded online should be relevant to the community. Please also refrain from posting or spread misinformation or fake news that attempt to create fear or doubt.
- Confidentiality & Privacy – Maintain confidentiality and privacy by not abusing confidential information, or participating in any other illegal practice.
- infringes upon any copyright or other intellectual property right
This list is not exhaustive or complete. These guidelines are not designed to be a comprehensive set of Things You Cannot Do but moreso guardrails of behavioral standards for users. Please use your own judgement on proper behavior and contribute to a productive and pleasant community experience.
- Will not spam;
- Will not infringe upon any copyright or other intellectual property right;
- Will not violate any laws or regulation;
- Will not falsify my own or any other identity. Will not include incomplete, false or inaccurate information about a any person;
- Will not deploy any viruses or programming routines intended to damage any system;
- Will not engage in behavior that creates liability forU2LYZE or harms its business operation or reputation;
- Will not do anything to damage any U2LYZE digital property;
- Will not use the site to facilitate money exchange, transfer funds illegally or engage in fraud;
- Will not advocate for, or encourage, any of the above behavior;
- Anti-harassment policy. Harassment includes (but is not limited to) all of the following behaviors:
- Offensive comments or personal insults, particularly those related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or disability
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes, commentary, and language
- Derogatory terminology including words commonly known to be slurs
- Posting sexualized images or imagery in public spaces
- Deliberate intimidation
- Posting others’ personal information without explicit permission
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual attention
Instances of abusive, harassing, or otherwise unacceptable behavior should be reported. If you have witnessed a violation of our Code of Conduct, please report it here.
Multiple accounts by the same user will not be allowed. This helps foster a more human experience in the online world and restricts spamming. Note that duplicate accounts may be investigated and removed.
YOU SEE A PROBLEM, REPORT IT
Moderators have special authority within the community; they are responsible for ensuring members adhere to this conduct. But so are you. With your help, moderators can be community facilitators. When you see bad behavior, don’t reply. It encourages the bad behavior by acknowledging it, consumes your energy, and wastes everyone’s time. Just report it! Below are specific instructions on how to report violations.
- Forum: if you see a post that you think violates the U2LYZE Community Code of Conduct, click the options button and flag it as inappropriate or leave a more detailed message for the moderators.
- Instagram: you can report any post on our Instagram page by clicking the arrow in the top right corner of the post and selecting Report. This alerts the moderators and admins to review.
- Linkedin: you can report any post directly to Linked by clicking on the drop down menu on the post itself. Please note that reports on posts will go directly to Linked and not the U2LYZE moderating team.
In order to maintain our community, moderators reserve the right to remove any content and any user account for any reason at any time. Moderators do not preview new posts; the moderators and site operators take no responsibility for any content posted by the community.
VIOLATION OF RULES
If any of the rules are broken, moderators will perform the following sanctions:
- First offence: warning is given
- Second offence: warning is given and the user will be suspended for a period of up to 1 month depending on the severity of the violation.
- Third and final offence: if the user continues to repeatedly break community rules, their account will be banned from the community platform. This penalty may be applied across all community channels if necessary.
The U2LYZE community team reserves the right to deny access to the official Community channels to anyone who has violated the U2LYZE Community Code of Conduct.
EMPOWERED BY YOU
This community is operated by the community staff and you, the community. If you have any further questions about how things should work here, open a new topic in the community feedback category of the forum and let’s discuss! If there is ever a critical or urgent issue please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.